[Buildroot] cp -dpR fails on BSD systems -- advice on resolving?

Allan Clark allanc at chickenandporn.com
Sat Jul 7 18:10:04 UTC 2007

Hi everyone;

I ran into a problem when I moved from uclibc-snapshot to
uclibc-0.9.28 or 0.9.29: the "cp" command is a non-Unix option: "cp
-a" or "cp -dpR", or "cp --no-dereference"

I assume it's on Linux, and works, so those of us doing something
funky (like BSD or MacOSX) invite a few problems.

I'm wondering if the fix should be:
1) submit compatible patches to the group, using an older
syntax/options for all hosts, or
2) detect, and download/build/use a replacement (same way I did for
gmake, as was done for sed)

Allan

--
allanc at chickenandporn.com  "金鱼" http://linkedin.com/in/goldfish