[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Mon Jul 7 14:53:29 UTC 2008

Hi,

 Ulf> Not if you want your log file to have the
 Ulf> same name as your project.

 Ulf> Try typing
 Ulf> "make > atngw100-expanded-3.log 2>&1"
 Ulf> a couple of times, and you see what I mean.

Nothing stops you from defining an alias for make <whatever>_defconfig
&& make 2>&1 > <whatever>.log in your local .bashrc - What we question
is the need for adding it to buildroot with the complications it adds
elsewhere.

And given the typical runtime of a buildroot compilation I doubt
that the command length of the make invocation is the limiting factor
in developer effeciency ;)

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard