[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot/target/device/Atmel/arch-avr32/kernel-patches-2.6.25.10

Hans-Christian Egtvedt hans-christian.egtvedt at atmel.com
Fri Jul 11 05:38:29 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 09:12 -0700, ulf at uclibc.org wrote:
> Author: ulf
> Date: 2008-07-10 09:12:36 -0700 (Thu, 10 Jul 2008)
> New Revision: 22766
>
> Log:
> Do not use a localversion of kernel, to allow modules to be installed in the correct directory

I do not like this approach, users will think they are running an
upstream kernel while they are really not. The Atmel-kernel is quite
different from upstream.

I have a fix for localversion in my GIT tree, I will send that patch to
this list for review. I just need to sort out an issue with the modules
being installed again for every make.

<snipp>

--
With kind regards,
Hans-Christian Egtvedt, Applications Engineer