[Buildroot] Cross compiling GRUB 1.95

Will Buik willbuik at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 20:28:10 UTC 2006

I have gotten the buildroot cross compiler working to compile some
simple programs, but when trying to compile GRUB 1.95 I am running
into errors.  The configure script fails, giving me the error:

checking if GCC has the regparm=3 bug... configure: error: cannot run
test program while cross compiling

I sent a message similar to this to the grub message board several
days ago but I have gotten no response.  After looking it up on the
internet it said to try to use a newer version of autoconf to
regenerate the packaged configure script, but this did not solve my
problem.

How can I bypass this test or otherwise get it to compile?