[Buildroot] Problem #including <string>

Will Wagner will_wagner at carallon.com
Wed Aug 29 10:02:58 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have built buildroot with the attached config for x86, with support
for c++.

However whenever I include <string> I get errors in my code because it
seems somewhere in <string> it is #defining index.

If I attempt to compile the following code:

#ifdef index
#error foo
#endif

#include <string>

#ifdef index
#error bar
#endif

void do_nothing()
{
}

Then I get the second error.

I have tried searching through the headers to find where the #define
index is but I have been unable to find it. Can anyone suggest the best
way of locating where index is being erroneously defined?

Many thanks,

Will.

Will Wagner                                     will_wagner at carallon.com
Senior Project Engineer                  Office Tel: +44 (0)20 7371 2032
Carallon Ltd, Studio G20, Shepherds Building, Rockley Rd, London W14 0DA