[Buildroot] Struggling with undefined reference to `__fgetc_unlocked'

Carmelo AMOROSO carmelo.amoroso at st.com
Thu Aug 23 16:35:37 UTC 2007

Thiago A. Corrêa wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    I'm struggling with qtopia. During the link of rcc (which is a host
> tool, natively compiled) I get:
>
> I googled for the error, but could only find ppl complaining about
> this when linking against uClibc, when this should be linking against
> the system glibc. Does anyone has an idea of what I could try?
>
> Regards,
>     Thiago A. Correa

Which glibc version have you installed on your host?
For example, on my RHEL 3 there is glibc-2.3.4 which doesn't contain the
__fgetc_unlocked
symbol, while fgetc_unlocked (no underscore prepending)...
so just check your glibc by running 'readelf -s /lib/libc.so.6 | grep
fgetc_unlocked'
and see what it returns.

Regards,
Carmelo