[Buildroot] Some devices are not created in the ext2 filesystem.

Leonid Leonid at a-k-a.net
Sun Oct 14 05:22:12 UTC 2007

Hi:

I need some device nodes for my proprietary driver and I have added
appropriate lines to the end of
target/device/Atmel/root/device_table.txt table I'm using:

# AKA driver
/dev/mcfp-0    c    640    0       0      254      0       0       0
-
/dev/mcfp-1    c    640    0       0      254      1       0       0
-

I see that correspondent files are indeed created in the root filesystem
tree:

[leonid at jaipur buildroot]$ ls -al root/dev/mc*
-rw-r----- 1 root root 0 2007-10-13 21:56 root/dev/mcfp-0
-rw-r----- 1 root root 0 2007-10-13 21:56 root/dev/mcfp-1

However when I load my ext2 root filesystem, I don't see these device
nodes in /dev directory. What is wrong?

Thanks,

Leonid.