[Buildroot] Ncurses install problem

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Tue Jul 1 19:22:05 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Blaine" == Blaine Kubesh <bkubesh at cisco.com> writes:

 Blaine> I ran into the same thing. Here is my post from 6/2/08.

 Blaine> There is a typo/bug on the commit from 3/31/08. It should be
 Blaine> soft linking into the TARGET_DIR and not the host filesystem.

 Blaine> -    ln -sf /usr/share/terminfo $(TARGET_DIR)/usr/lib/terminfo
 Blaine> +    ln -sf $(TARGET_DIR)/usr/share/terminfo $(TARGET_DIR)/usr/lib/terminfo

No that won't fly - as you won't have TARGET_DIR on the target
system. You could maybe argue for a relative link (../share/terminfo).

The problem is that ln will follow the $TARGET_DIR/usr/lib/terminfo
symlink if it already exists and try to create
$TARGET_DIR/usr/lib/terminfo/terminfo (which is
/usr/share/terminfo/terminfo) - That ofcause isn't allowed. The
solution is to use the -n option.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard