[Buildroot] ARM build error with llseek.c

Bernhard Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Fri May 16 07:53:30 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 04:41:48PM -0700, Arun Reddy wrote:
>Thanks Chris,
>
>Looks like the issue was with LFS not being enabled in uclibc
>(CONFIG_UCLIBC_HAS_LFS) and also BusyBox not having
>BR2_PACKAGE_BUSYBOX_HIDE_OTHERS selected. I did a make clean for everything
>and rebuilt, and got past that error.
>
>I am fairly certain I understand why LFS needed to be enabled, because I was
>reading up on a couple threads online about llseek.c being used for large
>file support in general, while lseek.c is used for small files. I want LFS
>for my purposes, and it is possible that by not selecting LFS in the uclibc
>menuconfig, that a specific function or variable wasn't defined correctly in
>a header file used by llseek.c, and therefore it couldn't compile correctly.
>This is of course my best assumption.
>
>As for selecting BusyBox's hide others option, I am unsure as to why that
>works, but found it here as a suggestion.

It works because if you enable it then you use busybox and not the big
util-linux.

As for your trouble with toggling LFS and other settings. This is
believed to be fixed in my tree, i.e. the user doesn't have to take care
of doing make uclibc-clean gcc-clean et al when she toggles LARGEFILE,
SJLJ or chooses to add or remove support for a language in her
cross-compiler or stuff like that.

PS: It would be helpful if you could send your errors to the list (as
text, of course) and not send a link to some picture of the error
message. TIA