[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot/package/busybox

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Wed Sep 10 06:57:27 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Hamish" == Hamish Moffatt <hamish at cloud.net.au> writes:

Hi,

 Hamish> Actually that was deliberate. I noticed that after I changed
 Hamish> package/busybox/Config.in, I still had

 Hamish> BR2_BUSYBOX_VERSION_1_11_X=y
 Hamish> BR2_BUSYBOX_VERSION="1.11.1"

 Hamish> until next time I ran a menuconfig/oldconfig/etc. If the patches are
 Hamish> removed immediately upon version bump but you don't update your config,
 Hamish> you'll be building without those patches. :(

 Hamish> I wonder if BR2_BUSYBOX_VERSION should be determined by the Makefiles
 Hamish> rather than through the config system, so that this can't happen?

Notice that this isn't a busybox specific issue - It's everywhere we
have a version selection. Maybe it could be done in the makefile, but
I do find it quite handy to have it all in the Config.in.

Maybe the solution is simply to teach people to run make oldconfig
whenever they rebase?

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard