[Buildroot] PXA270 and gcc-4.3.3 for iwMMXt

Laine Walker-Avina lwalkera at ieee.org
Wed Apr 22 16:08:28 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've been trying to build a busybox system with buildroot for a
PXA270-based system. I tried to use the latest gcc version in svn to
generate the kernel and rootfs, however when I try to run the system I
can't login and it doesn't run any of the init scripts in init.d. I
tried to chroot to the new rootfs from a previously built rootfs
compiled for a armv4 arch and it gave me a "Illegal Instruction" error
when trying to run ash. Most other commands from that busybox run
fine. And ash runs fine if i don't do the chroot and use the shared
libs from the other rootfs. Any thoughts?

-Laine Walker-Avina