[Buildroot] JFFS2 / MTD suggestions

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Tue Apr 7 17:02:43 UTC 2009

 Thomas> Hi,

 Thomas> When selecting jffs2 as the output filesystem, mtd-utils gets
 Thomas> compiled both on the host and on the target. I think that
 Thomas> generating a jffs2 filesystem image should *not* trigger the
 Thomas> compilation/installation of mtd-utils inside the target since
 Thomas> this is not necessary.

Agreed.

 Thomas> Moreover, the compilation of host mtd-utils fails with
 Thomas> "lzo/lzo1.h not found" if the liblzo-dev package is not
 Thomas> installed on the host. We should probably add a test checking
 Thomas> this and telling the user to install liblzo-dev, because the
 Thomas> current state is quite confusing.

Or even better, compile lzo for the host and link against that.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard