[Buildroot] Broken u-boot 2009.x, undeprecate u-boot 2008.10

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Thu Apr 30 10:07:57 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Thiago" == Thiago A Corrêa <thiago.correa at gmail.com> writes:

Hi,

 Thiago> Done. But I wonder if we should take more steps in this
 Thiago> regard. One thing is to have packages that don't build,
 Thiago> another is a package that builds but fails at run time with
 Thiago> known upstream bugs. Being the bootloader, it could brick
 Thiago> boards from unaware users without a JTAGICE mkII.

I would guess (hope?) that people don't blindly upgrade stuff that
could brick their boards.

Newertheless, we could add a warning in BR Kconfig for AVR32 if the
jffs2 stuff is selected and 2009.01 / 2009.03.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard