[Buildroot] Strange behavior with shell redirection

Cyril HAENEL chaenel at free.fr
Fri Dec 18 12:10:41 UTC 2009

Hello all, sorry I don't know if I am in the good place to ask my
question...
On an custom board based on the AT91SAM9260 processor,
buildroot-2009.05, and jffs2 as root file system, I have an "autostart"
script launched at board startup.
In this script (I use the true bash and not the busybox shell) I launch
my application, and I redirect the output to a log file :

#!/bin/bash
cd /home/potentiostat
[...]
echo "Launching application"
./potentiostatApplication >> /var/log/potentiostat
# Reboot if application error
if [ $? -ne 0 ]
then
reboot
fi

I use ">>" for the redirection, thus normally each time this script is
launched it should concatenate the new log after the older one.
But it's not the case, each time I startup the board I have a new log !!

I really don't understand this beahavior, any idea ?

Best Regards,
Cyril HAENEL

--

Cyril Haenel