[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot/target/linux

Hans-Christian Egtvedt hans-christian.egtvedt at atmel.com
Tue Jan 13 06:10:25 UTC 2009

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 11:05:41 +1100
Hamish Moffatt <hamish at cloud.net.au> wrote:

> [...]

<snipp>

> > Silently selecting something as big and with so many configuration
> > options as U-Boot isn't that nice - I think it would be nicer to
> > depend on UBOOT instead.
>
> Isn't it possible(likely?) that users would have their own U-Boot or
> have a pre-built one and don't need to compile it with buildroot, yet
> still want to generate uImages?

Yes, but they still need mkimage. And, AFAIK, U-Boot does not support
building the tools without loading a configuration. U-Boot could
default to a known to compile default... Instead of like now where it
defaults to $(BOARD_NAME)_config or something similar.

--
Best regards,
Hans-Christian Egtvedt