[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot/package/webkit

Hans-Christian Egtvedt hans-christian.egtvedt at atmel.com
Wed Jan 28 08:39:48 UTC 2009

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 09:30:29 +0100
Peter Korsgaard <jacmet at uclibc.org> wrote:

>  >> Sure? Ever tried compiling it without WCHAR? ;)
>  >>

>  Hans-Christian> Qt uses webkit, and AFAIK compiles without WCHAR
> enabled.
>
> How? Without using libicu? I know close to nothing about webkit.

I dunno, black Qt fuu I guess.

cat qt-embedded-linux-opensource-src-4.4.3/src/3rdparty/webkit/VERSION
This is a snapshot of the Qt port of WebKit from

        git://code.staikos.net/webkit

The commit imported was from the

        origin/qtwebkit-merged-into-qt-4-4 branch/tag

and has the sha1 checksum

        bf04f19228d9968ede068745fd4ec4902c9f9786

>  Hans-Christian> FWIW webkit in Qt 4.5 builds with the AVR32 toolchain
>  Hans-Christian> (gcc 4.2.2 + vendor patch).
>
> The webkit version we have in BR (some svn nightly) most likely also
> built at some time, but I know from other C++ projects that gcc 4.3.x
> cleaned up quite some stuff and got more strict.

Ah, okay, explains why 4.2.x does not have a problem.

--
Best regards,
Hans-Christian Egtvedt