[Buildroot] 2009.08 release status

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Jul 30 13:06:07 UTC 2009

Le Thu, 30 Jul 2009 14:14:51 +0200,
Peter Korsgaard <jacmet at uclibc.org> a écrit :

> As mentioned in the 2009.05 release announcement
> (http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2009-June/027640.html),
> the next release is getting near.
>
> As you can see we're already running slightly late. I would like to
> put out -rc1 early next week, so we'll be able to release the final
> 2009.08 by the end of August.
>
> I'll run though the open issues in the bugtracker to see what else
> should go in (many thanks to Will and Thomas for their support), and I
> would also like to add gcc 4.3.4 which should get released any moment
> now - Is there anything else that NEEDs to get into the release?

One thing that could be nice to have in the Bugzilla is the Milestone
field (http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/3.4/en/html/milestones.html). It
would also us to triage bugs between the ones that we want to see fixed
in 2009.08, the one in 2009.11, etc.

> Notice that I'll be on holidays from the 7th to 24th with very little
> connectivity, but I'll take care of the backlog when I get back.
> Developers are very welcome to collect fixes in git trees and send me
> pull requests to ease my work though.

I'll also be on holidays between 7th to 22th, but with good
connectivity, but probably limited time available. I'd like to say that
I will gather the fixes in a git tree, but I cannot guarantee it.

Thanks again for taking care of getting Buildroot releases out.

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
consulting, training and support.