[Buildroot] /dev nodes files

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Sun Jun 7 18:53:46 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Daniel" == Daniel Mack <daniel at caiaq.de> writes:

 Daniel> This has been discussed before, but I don't know if there was any
 Daniel> result, so I'm asking again.

 Daniel> After each build, the ixnodes in project_build_arm/uclibc/root/dev are
 Daniel> regular files rather than inodes, which prevents users from exporting
 Daniel> that directory directly as NFS root. Most people run custom scripts to
 Daniel> fix that, but I wonder whether there is any change to get that fixed in
 Daniel> BR2 directly.

Ehh, that's on purpose (E.G. so you don't need root permissions to
build). Just select the tarball target and extract it on your nfs
server.

 Daniel> Any oppinion about such an approach?

What would this buy us that the tarball target doesn't give?

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard