[Buildroot] svn commit: [25692] trunk/buildroot/package/expat

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Tue Mar 17 08:35:21 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Daniel" == Daniel Laird <danieljlaird at hotmail.com> writes:

 Daniel> Has the time come to have 2 libtool patches?
 Daniel> We could then sniff ltmain.sh and decide which patch to apply.

Well, that or handling the libtool stuff in a different way. Does
anyone know how it's done in openembedded / ptxdist / openwrt / t2 /
..?

The reason why we cannot use the libtool patch for expat is that it's
stored in a conftools sub directory.

 Daniel> I ask as I have locally had to add patches for a few packages
 Daniel> that all have newer libtool meaning the global patch does not
 Daniel> work.  Perhaps having 2 global patches and picking one would
 Daniel> remove a large number of the libdir-la.patch files (and it is
 Daniel> increasing)

Yes, I noticed the problem as well (most recently with avahi 0.6.24).

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard