[Buildroot] Missing something. (Error?)

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Tue Apr 20 10:12:37 UTC 2010

>>>>> "Muhammed" == Muhammed ER <er.muhammed at gmail.com> writes:

Hi,

 Peter> Are you really sure you need an objective C compiler? Objc is normally
 Peter> only used by Apple developers.

 Muhammed> I am app. developer. I use Qt for development, but sometimes
 Muhammed> buildroot needs something which is hard to cross compile for
 Muhammed> me (like firmware). Having a toolchain will be good, isn't
 Muhammed> it?

Sure, but you most likely don't need an objective C compiler - Only C
and C++ (for Qt).

 Muhammed>     Are you perhaps looking for C++ support instead?
 Muhammed> Kernel is writen in C, I need at least C. C++ will be better.
 Muhammed> I know, buildroot make a toolchain for me which is
 Muhammed> wonderfull. But cross compile is hardest then normal compile.

Ahh, so you want a C compiler to run on your target? That should work,
but normally isn't such a good idea (performance, lack of automated
rebuild, ..)

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard