[Buildroot] init segfaults when compiled with glibc

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Mar 31 19:16:42 UTC 2010

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 21:28:29 +0300
Sasha Sirotkin <buildroot at browserseal.com> wrote:

> Well... it is broken in a sense that buildroot does not work with an
> external toolchain based on glibc. Please see above.

Could you please stop making false assertions, and start being nice so
that we can have some interest in helping you ?

The fact that using Buildroot, with glibc external toolchain, does not
work in *your* *particular* configuration, does not mean at all that
Buildroot does not support glibc external toolchains. Just like
Hartley, I successfully build and run systems generated by Buildroot,
and that used a glibc external toolchain.

It is quite possible that the configuration mistake is on your side, so
instead of being offensive about the status of Buildroot, could you
just be nice and help us to constructively solve the problem you're
having ?

Thanks!

Thomas
--