[Buildroot] Status of external toolchain support

Will Wagner will_wagner at carallon.com
Wed May 12 17:15:38 UTC 2010

I am starting work on a new target and thought I'd take a look at using
a crosstool-NG external toolchain and I have a couple of questions about
what is supposed to be supported.

I have successfully built an arm toolchain using eglibc and nptl (Thanks
Yann!).

When configuring buildroot I set all my options the same as the
toolchain, except for thread support where nptl was not an option. Does
it matter that they don't match up? Should you even be able to set
thread library when using an external toolchain?

When using crosstools who should build gdb? If buildroot builds it I
have to make sure my toolchain is not read only? Can I just let
crosstools build gdb for the host and only get buildroot to make gdb-server?

Thanks
Will