[Buildroot] Device creation

Bill Borton security at conwin.com
Thu Apr 14 14:55:58 UTC 2011

Read your ENTIRE directions.  After showing you how to use ldattach and
udev to create the devices it says:

"Alternatively, you can create the proper device nodes with the mknod
utility. Please refer to the appropriate manual pages in either case."

Now, re-hashing my first two replies:

If you have your kernel configured correctly and your PPS hooked to DCD you
should have a /sys/class/pps/pps0 entry.  If you do not, you need to figure
out why before continuing.

If you have a /sys/class/pps/pps0 entry you can use mknod to create
/dev/pps0: "mknod -m 0664 /dev/pps0 c 252 0"  The arguments for mknod
can be found in /sys/class/pps/pps0/dev.

You do not need ldattach or udev.

-Bill