[Buildroot] Python standard library problems

Maxime Ripard maxime.ripard at free-electrons.com
Fri Aug 12 15:44:35 UTC 2011

Ok,

A little update on that.

>From my tests, this brokenness occurs only when using a 64-bits system.
32 bits systems are fine, which explains why some have a working python
and other don't.

To complete a bit what I said earlier, in the build log, you have a
bunch of
Include/pyport.h:849:2: error: #error "LONG_BIT definition appears wrong
for platform (bad gcc/glibc config?)."

One for every module that fails to build.

This error comes from the code below in pyport.h

#ifndef LONG_BIT
#define LONG_BIT (8 * SIZEOF_LONG)
#endif

#if LONG_BIT != 8 * SIZEOF_LONG
/* 04-Oct-2000 LONG_BIT is apparently (mis)defined as 64 on some recent
 * 32-bit platforms using gcc.  We try to catch that here at compile-time
 * rather than waiting for integer multiplication to trigger bogus
 * overflows.
 */
#error "LONG_BIT definition appears wrong for platform (bad gcc/glibc
config?)."
#endif

LONG_BIT seems correctly defined to 32 in bits/xopen_lim.h of the toolchain.

I'm a bit confused on why this is happening...

--
Maxime Ripard, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com