[Buildroot] /run/udev missing ?

Sven Neumann s.neumann at raumfeld.com
Mon Aug 15 14:01:02 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-08-15 at 14:10 +0200, Peter Korsgaard wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  >> Compared to udev, devtmpfs is very lightweight. I would recommend
>  >> pure devtmpfs (no mdev/udev) to people using static /dev today.
>
>  Sven> Well, we need udev to load the firmware of our Wifi module. Of
>  Sven> course I can try to switch to dynamic device management, but I
>  Sven> thought I'd rather point out that a setup broke that the
>  Sven> buildroot configuration allows and that used to work.
>
>  Sven> If this is not supposed to work, then it should probably be
>  Sven> disallowed in the buildroot configuration. In other words, if
>  Sven> udev is selected, static device management should not be
>  Sven> selectable.
>
> Ahh yes, good idea - Fixed in git.

Hmm, not really was I was asking for in the first place. But I guess
I'll have to deal with your decision then to drop support for this
configuration...

Still I wonder why udevd is looking for "/run/udev". Shouldn't this
be /var/run/udev ? Looks to me like udevd is configured with a wrong
prefix for the run directory.

Sven