[Buildroot] ccache directory

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Sun Jul 24 12:49:42 UTC 2011

Hi,

 >> That's another possibility, but I find it quite confusing to have some
 >> parameters set by environment variables, and some other by
 >> configuration options.

 Thomas> The disadvantage with this particular configuration variable, is that
 Thomas> it requires a forced recompilation of host-ccache in order for changes
 Thomas> to this variable to take effect.

 Thomas> Another solution is to remove the hardcoded cache directory, use the
 Thomas> CCACHE_DIR environment variable, but let buildroot set that variable
 Thomas> based on BR2_CCACHE_DIR (a configuration option). This addresses
 Thomas> Thomas' point regarding mixing environment variables and configuration
 Thomas> options, and my request of being able to change the cache directory
 Thomas> and making sure these changes are automatically in effect.

 Thomas> What do you think?

Yes, something like:

# use BR setting if not set in environment
ifndef CCACHE_DIR
CCACHE_DIR:=$(call qstrip,BR2_CCACHE_DIR)
endif

export CCACHE_DIR

in the toplevel Makefile.

--