[Buildroot] Codesourcery multi-lib selection in buildroot

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu May 5 19:10:23 UTC 2011

On Wed, 04 May 2011 16:52:08 -0400
Matias Garcia <mgarcia at rossvideo.com> wrote:

> I'm building an OS for a PowerPC e500v2 core. Originally, I used a
> stock buildroot toolchain (uclibc), but was not able to optimize a
> time-critical section of our application. With the CodeSourcery
> compiler, I am. Unfortunately, even setting -te500v2 in the buildroot
> optimizations (and hacking it into the TARGET_LDFLAGS) doesn't fix
> all cases. Certain packages within buildroot seem to link against the
> wrong library (linker complains that one library is compiled with
> hard-float and another with soft-float, etc). Is there a way to tell
> buildroot (or Make in general) to always link against a certain
> library set?

We have to make sure that this -te500v2 flag is passed to all packages
during their build process. Which packages are causing problems
exactly ?

Another solution is to try the recent proposal of Peter Korsgaard to
use a wrapper for external toolchain components, that would enforce the
use of selected compiler flags so that the selected sysroot would
always be correct.

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons