[Buildroot] [RFC] Slides "Using Buildroot for real projects"

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin+buildroot at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 17:04:48 UTC 2011

Hi Thomas,

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 3:43 PM, Thomas Petazzoni
> Le Mon, 17 Oct 2011 18:47:18 +0200,
> Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com> a écrit :
>
>> The current (unfinished) status of my slides is visible at:
>>   http://free-electrons.com/~thomas/pub/using-buildroot-real-project.pdf
>
> First of all, I'd like to thank Peter, Baruch, Thomas, Arnout and Will
> who gave some useful comments about my slides.
>
> At the same URL above, I have published a new version, which hopefully
> addresses your comments, and also adds some more slides on various
> topics. The slides should now, at least in terms of contents, represent
> what I had in mind for this talk.
>
> Now, if you're still willing to spend some time on this, I'd like to
> have comments on:
>  * remaining english typos, wording improvements, etc.
>  * suggestions of additional contents/topics if there is something I
>   missed. Like if you use best practices that aren't described in
>   those slides.

p4: s/build a kernel image/a kernel image/   (the 'build' is already
mentioned in the header)
p4: for symmetry reasons, I would suggest to start the last point also
with 'It builds' instead of 'Builds'
p4: the 'composed of Busybox' seems odd to me, because 'Busybox' is
one item. Maybe a native English speaker (Will?) can give feedback on
this. Suggestions from me are 'containing Busybox' or 'based on
Busybox'.

p4/5 title: on page 4 there is a question mark, not so on page 5.

p5: I'm unsure what you're trying to say with 'Standard languages
used'. If you refer to make, that was already covered on the previous
slide and may be redundant here.

p5: you're mainly typing full sentences, which is good IMO. But the
'Need to do complete rebuilds' is not consistent with that. I'd
suggest 'You need to ...'.

p10/11: reminder: still lists a TODO about build time

p12: s/more choice/more choices/    (at least, that's my feeling)
p12: first bullet says: "Buildroot complete rebuild", second says:
"complete Buildroot rebuild". This should be consistent. I prefer the
second one.

p24: s/Creating/Create/
p31: s/Mouting/Mounting/

Thanks for the credit, and: