[Buildroot] Custom automake arguments

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Wed Oct 26 22:10:11 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, October 25, 2011 15:15:42 Allan Nielsen wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is it possible to parse custom package specifick arguments to automake
> (run'ed through autorecong)
>
> I have tried this, but it does not seem to work:
> foo-configure: override AUTOMAKE:=$(HOST_DIR)/usr/bin/automake
> $(FOO_AUTOMAKE_FLAGS)
>
> Best Regards
> Allan W. Nielsen

 I'm not entirely sure what you mean.  However, if you just want to specify
arguments to autoreconf:  autoreconf is called as

$(AUTORECONF) $($(PKG)_AUTORECONF_OPT)

 so set FOO_AUTORECONF_OPT before calling AUTOTARGETS to override the default
(which is empty).

 However, if you want to run automake instead of autoreconf, that's not really
supported.  You could hack away using overrides, but probably it's much
cleaner to do something like:

define FOO_AUTOMAKE_HOOK
   $(HOST_DIR)/usr/bin/automake $(FOO_AUTOMAKE_FLAGS)
endef
FOO_PRE_CONFIGURE_HOOKS += FOO_AUTOMAKE_HOOK
FOO_DEPENDENCIES += host-automake

 Regards,
 Arnout

--
Arnout Vandecappelle                               arnout at mind be
Senior Embedded Software Architect                 +32-16-286540