[Buildroot] [pull request] Pull request for branch for-2012.08/systemd

Dmitry Golubovsky golubovsky at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 15:14:50 UTC 2012

Hi,

While still a bit away from this project (and will resume work on
patches for linux-pam as soon as I can), I think I can also contribute
into the systemd discussion:

Thomas Petazzoni wrote:

> Also, it would be good to investigate the newer versions of systemd. If
> I remember correctly, they integrate udev directly, but is it possible
> to still have udev separately? This of course will not be for 2012.08,
> but it would be nice to continue to integrate those technologies into
> Buildroot.

My latest systemd patches are for version 186 (don't worry about 185
in patches themselves: this part of the path is discarded anyway - and
now there is 187). See here:

https://gitorious.org/lfa/myroot/trees/master/systemd-pam

Code layout changed considerably in this new version series (185 and up).

Yes, they integrated udev together with systemd, and I do not see any
option to build udev separately from their source tree: there isn't
even such repo as udev at freedesktop.

Now I see that Buildroot gets udev from different source. Could these
be just two mutually exclusive config options: either to build udev
with systemd, or udev standalone (and disable building of systemd)?

Thanks.

--
Dmitry Golubovsky

Anywhere on the Web