[Buildroot] Login with user fails

Dirk Lohse d.lohse at meier-nt.de
Tue Aug 14 08:27:41 UTC 2012

Devices are managed with mdev. /dev/tty is:

crw-rw-rw- 1    root tty  5,   0 Jan 1    1970 /dev/tty

user is in /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow, group is added.

The same scenario works on another embedded system with an older busybox
and also on debian based i686-machines - so it might be a bug in busybox
or kernel?!

Root-Login also works - so I think it could be a problem with
permissions to an device/file/...

I added the user to group "root" but this doesn't help.

Thanks.