[Buildroot] Getting It into Compact Flash

Ted Wood ted at fgh.co.uk
Thu Dec 13 10:48:07 UTC 2012

Boot Log:

RAMDISK: ext2 filesystem found at block 0
RAMDISK: Loading 2263KiB [1 disk] into ram disk.. done.
List of all partitions:
0800      7831152 sda    driver: sd
 0801      7825423 sda1 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
No filesystem could mount root, tried ext3 vfat msdos iso9660 Kernel panic -
not syncing VFS: Unable to mount root fs on on unknown block (1,0)

I also note that the Buildroot Kernel will boot OK into with my ext3 Yocto
Filesystem...

Would I be correct in thinking that the kernel is only configured for ext3,
vfat, msdos and iso9600 file systems?
And it is therefore not recognising the the ext2 FS generated by Buildroot?