[Buildroot] RFC: x11r7.7 patch series

Will Wagner will_wagner at carallon.com
Mon Jun 18 12:55:02 UTC 2012

You can find my work on updating to x11r7.7 on gitorious at
https://gitorious.org/willw-buildroot/willw-buildroot/commits/remotes/gitorious/x11r7.7

There are a few parts to the patch series I am not sure about:
- I have deleted all packages not in the 7.7 release, this may remove
things people still use and feel should still be in buildroot
- I had a problem updating mesa3d. The newer versions rely on host
libxml2 with python support. There are a couple of patches to do this
but I don't particularly like these. If someone can come up with
something better then great.
- There was one package I couldn't compile xdriver_xf86-input-synaptics.
Didn't spend any time on trying to fix it though (I suspect broken in
current buildroot as well).

Regards
Will
Will Wagner                                     will_wagner at carallon.com
Development Manager                      Office Tel: +44 (0)20 7371 2032
Carallon Ltd, Studio G20, Shepherds Building, Rockley Rd, London W14 0DA