[Buildroot] Why web search engine wrong for the Buildroot URL

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri Mar 2 08:18:14 UTC 2012

Le Fri, 2 Mar 2012 08:04:40 +0100,
Thomas De Schampheleire <patrickdepinguin+buildroot at gmail.com> a écrit :

> It seems we have both a .net and .org address now. The announcements
> of 2012.02 use the .net address.
> However, personally I would prefer the .org address, which is more
> common in open-source projects in my (subjective) experience.

I agree, but, if I remember correctly, we don't "own" the .org domain
name, it is only kindly provided by its owner. So we have no guarantee
of its long-term availability.

Maybe we could discuss with its owner the possibility of transferring
its ownership (and associated costs) to the Buildroot project?

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com