[Buildroot] BR 2012.rc1 :: DVI not activated on pandaboard?

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Mar 8 08:21:59 UTC 2012

Hello,

Le Wed, 7 Mar 2012 23:16:21 +0000,
MERCADIER Johann <johann.mercadier at imerir.com> a écrit :

> mmc rescan
> fatload mmc 0:1 0x80000000 uImage
> setenv bootargs vram=32M console=ttyO2,115200n8
> mem=456M at 0x80000000mem=512M at 0xA0000000 omapdss.def_disp=dvi
> omapfb.mode=dvi:1280x1024MR-24 at 60smsc95xx.macaddr=76:2F:97:85:4F:56
> root=/dev/nfs rw
> nfsroot=192.168.1.44:/home/johann/rootfs_TEST,nolock,wsize=1024,rsize=1024
> ip=192.168.1.235 rootdelay=4 init=/linuxrc
> bootm 0x80000000
>
> when booting I get there, the pandaboard probably still continue the boot
> process but nothing is displayed on the monitor?...
> ___[ MINICOM O/P
> ]________________________________________________________________________________________
>    Verifying Checksum ... OK
> OK
>
> Starting kernel ...
>
> Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel.

If you don't have the kernel messages after this, then it means that
something is wrong in your configuration. Don't expect to see anything
on the video output before you get your kernel to boot properly, i.e to
display messages on the serial console after "Uncompressing Linux...
done, booting the kernel".

However, this discussion is really not Buildroot-specific, it is really
about configuring a kernel for a particular hardware platform, so you
should probably rather ask in support places (forums, mailing lists,
etc.) that are related to this particular piece of hardware.

Best regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons