[Buildroot] Problems at booting U-Boot and loading Kernel

Tobias Sachs Tobias.Sachs at onlinehome.de
Sat May 19 21:28:38 UTC 2012

Hello,

I have two problems with images I created with Buildroot. My Target
system is an i.MX28EVK from Freescale.

My first problem is the following. I applied the patches to create a
u-boot.sb (secureboot) image for i.MX Platform. This image build very
well but in 9 of 10 tries it fails to boot. I disconnect the EVK from
Power every time a boot failed but cannot say which circumstances made
it work.

The second problem is a bit more frustrating. I tried to load a 3.3.5
Kernel after U-Boot boot but it fails with the message "can't open
/dev/ttyAMA0 permission denied". At this point I tried everything I
could imagine.
I used Static device table and entered the permissions to
/"target/generic/device_table.txt" and
"/target/generic/device/table_dev.txt".
I tried to use udev and created a file in output/target/etc/udev/rules.d
with the name "50-udev.rules" which contains the following
***KERNEL="tty[A-Z]*", NAME="%k", GROUP="uucp", MODE="666"***
In both cases I tried various permissions from 644 to 777. But every
time I try to boot these Kernel the error are the same.

I hope anyone could help me
Thanks Tobias