[Buildroot] Buildroot for avr32

Simon Dawson spdawson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 11:35:18 UTC 2012

Hi David, Thomas.

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 10:20 +0000 (GMT Standard Time), David Collier
> So the question is - should I be able to use "standard buildroot" with an
> AVR32 - or was Atmel adding some magic of their own that has not been
> back-ported to the main trunk?

On 29 November 2012 10:37, Thomas Petazzoni
> Normally, we have a working AVR32 setup, with certainly old versions of
> uClibc, binutils and gdb. I was told by AVR32 people that upgrading to
> uClibc 0.9.33 should work, but there are a few missing system calls in
> the AVR32 upstream kernel. If you are interested, we can look at this
> together, as I lack AVR32 hardware to dive into this.

I'm using mainline Buildroot for a custom board that is based on the
Atmel NGW100 board, with an ap7000 processor. I haven't had any major
problems; I've had to patch the 3.6.x mainline kernel to get the board
to boot from SD card --- I'm not using any Atmel kernel patches.

I'd be very interested in helping with the migration to uClibc 0.9.33.

Simon.