[Buildroot] no /dev/console; /dev/null when booting with initrd of type 'ext2'

Thierry Bultel thierry.bultel at wanadoo.fr
Tue Oct 16 16:15:36 UTC 2012

Le 16/10/2012 16:23, Richard Braun a écrit :
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 04:16:48PM +0200, Thierry Bultel wrote:
>> Would the solution be to always have these inodes created in
>> 'device_table.txt' ?
>> (Works in my case, I do not plan to use the static table)
> The devtmpfs "file system" is usually a better approach.

I have CONFIG_TMPFS and , and CONFIG_DEVTMPFS_MOUNT, and it works with
everything but initrd of type "ext2"

I am thus asking 2 questions to myself
1) Why does the ISO image imply an ext2 initrd , instead of a cpio ?
2) Why does ext2 not work with devtmpfs (the answer is likely somewhere
in the kernel sources and I will take a look as well) ?

Regards
Thierry