[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Build results for 2012-09-01

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Sep 3 07:17:06 UTC 2012

Le Sun, 02 Sep 2012 10:32:40 +0200,
Stephan Hoffmann <sho at relinux.de> a écrit :

> I just started looking at this. The cause of the problem is that the
> tool chain lacks suppot for the "versionsort" routine.
>
> In uClinux there is a patch adding a versionsort to alsalib locally, but
> this doesn't seem to be a good solution to me, especially since I assume
> that most other toolchains have versionsort so that such a patch would
> breal other architectures.

The configure script can detect whether this function is provided by
the toolchain, and only if not provided, enable the internal version.

> There are also some other patches for alsa-lib that would be needed to
> support blackfin. How shall we handle such architecture dependent patches?

We don't like architecture specific patches. This one for example has
no reason to be architecture-specific, it just needs to be written
properly :-)

Best regards,

Thomas
--