[Buildroot] I: Configure buildroot for xen

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Apr 17 09:02:36 UTC 2013

Dear Luisa Posani,

> BR_TARGET_ROOTFS_TAR
> BR_TARGET_ROOTFS_CPIO
> BR_TARGET_ROOTFS_INITRAMFS
>

> xen and I launched with the command
>
> xen-create-image --fs=ext3 --initrd=rootfs.cpio --kernel = bzImage --install-method = tar --install-source = rootfs.tar -- hostname = test -- verbose --force

rootfs.cpio and rootfs.tar generated by Buildroot contain the same
thing: the root filesystem generated by Buildroot.

I believe the xen-create-image --initrd option is to pass an initrd
that is not the root filesystem, such as what is done typically in
Linux distributions, where the initrd contains a temporary root
filesystem used to load the appropriate kernel modules and device
firmwares to make the system operate, before switching to the real root
filesystem.

So just get rid of --initrd=rootfs.cpio, I think it should work. It
will directly mount the ext3 filesystem as your root filesystem and
that's it.

Best regards,

Thomas
--