[Buildroot] Insufficient RPC options for crosstool-ng toolchain

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Feb 4 23:49:38 UTC 2013

Dear Shawn J. Goff,

On Mon, 04 Feb 2013 18:39:43 -0500, Shawn J. Goff wrote:

> No problems, it just that when I started down the path, I thought it
> would be just an option, but there turned out to be this whole
> toolchain-checked thing behind it, so I wanted to make sure that is
> what's wanted before I do it.

Yann will confirm or infirm, but since the glibc version selection is
not done in Buildroot, but directly inside Crosstool-NG, there is no
way for Buildroot to automatically now if the glibc of the toolchain
will have RPC support or not. Therefore, the only practical solution is
to have an option similar to the one we have in external toolchain,
where we leave it to the user to say whether the toolchain generated by
Crosstool-NG will have RPC support or not.

However, I haven't thought in detail about the detailed impact on the
implementation.

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons