[Buildroot] custom linux headers from custom kernel

Jan Pohanka xhpohanka at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 09:55:03 UTC 2013

Hi all,

in our project using buildroot we are using a heavily patched kernel,
which is retrieved form our GIT server. Thanks to buildroot this can be
set up very easily. All is compiled by Codesourcery toolchain.

The kernel contains also a number of modules with own ioctls, so we need
to use specific headers. I have found a *linux-headers* package, which
installs own headers into staging directory, however there are also
options using official headers or the ones from local kernel snapshot.
Is there please any reason while there is no option for do
headers-install from the kernel built by buildroot? If not I would
prepare a patch adding this possibility into linux-headers package.

thanks
Jan