[Buildroot] question about my pevious dhcpcd patch

John Stile john at stilen.com
Wed Mar 13 18:30:49 UTC 2013

I have an update to my patch to add dhcpd.

First issue: I discovered I also need to copy a script directory, but
don't see a good method to copy more than each file one at a time.

Is there a good way to copy all files in dhcpcd-hooks except the
Makefile, into $(TARGET_DIR)/libexec/dhcpcd-hooks?

Right now I'm doing it one at a time like this:
	$(INSTALL) -D -m 0755 \
		$(@D)/dhcpcd-hooks/01-test \
		$(TARGET_DIR)/libexec/dhcpcd-hooks/01-test
	$(INSTALL) -D -m 0755 \
		$(@D)/dhcpcd-hooks/02-dump \
		$(TARGET_DIR)/libexec/dhcpcd-hooks/02-dump
	$(INSTALL) -D -m 0755 \
		$(@D)/dhcpcd-hooks/20-resolv.conf \
		$(TARGET_DIR)/libexec/dhcpcd-hooks/20-resolv.conf
	$(INSTALL) -D -m 0755 \
		$(@D)/dhcpcd-hooks/29-lookup-hostname \
		$(TARGET_DIR)/libexec/dhcpcd-hooks/29-lookup-hostname
  ...etc...

Second issue:  how do I submit an updated patch?  The first one was
submitted a few days ago.  Do i just do a fresh clone, and then try to
add my stuff and submit via send-email, and pretend the first patch was
never sent?