[Buildroot] How to include Buildroot defines?

Morten Kvistgaard MK at pch-engineering.dk
Thu May 23 12:53:15 UTC 2013

Hello,

I'm currently converting my uClinux to Buildroot.

In my uClinux I could include the "KConfig result" in my programs. That way I could customize a program in the menuconfig. Eg. with extra options or by including apps etc. This could look something like:

#include <config/autoconf.h>

#ifdef CONFIG_USER_MYAPP_OPTION
   //Menuconfig tells me to build featureX
#endif

This was an easy way to handle static options.
I can see that Buildroot also has a autoconf.h. It's located in output/build/buildroot-config/.

How do I include this in a correct way? Or is this a bad way to do it?

Regards,
Morten Kvistgaard