[Buildroot] Bizarre things on the allyespackageconfig build

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Sun May 12 19:38:34 UTC 2013

>>>>> "Yann" == Yann E MORIN <yann.morin.1998 at free.fr> writes:

Hi,

 Yann> Yes, I know. But currently, those packages are already broken, since
 Yann> they point to /usr/var which might be read-only.

 Yann> So I wonder what the best situation would be to fully solve the issue. I
 Yann> can see at least two options:
 Yann>   - package provides an init script (or systemd unit) that creates the
 Yann>     required dirs/files at startup;
 Yann>   - infra creates a tarball of everyting in /tmp and install a startup
 Yann>     script that extracts that tarball at startup.

 Yann> Needless to say that I prefer the first solution, although it
 Yann> will require a bit more work (eg. currently, cups bundles and
 Yann> installs its startup script (which BTW is largely more complex
 Yann> than it needs to be), so we'd have to replace that startup script
 Yann> with our own, which is not really trivial).

Yes, I believe we do something similar for some of the packages in the
gtk stack (gdk-pixbuf or pango or so).

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard