[Buildroot] Next Buildroot Developers Meeting: October 11-12 in Düsseldorf

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Feb 10 21:27:21 UTC 2014

Hello,

I know this is really early, but it would be cool if as many people as
possible could join, so we're announcing today the dates and location of
the next Buildroot Developers Meeting.

It will be help on Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th October 2014 in
Düsseldorf, Germany.

The date and location were quite obviously chosen to be right before
the Embedded Linux Conference Europe, taking place between October, 13th
and 15th in Düsseldorf. Since there are other conferences, such as Linux
Plumbers, running up to October, 17th, the WE *before* the Embedded
Linux Conference Europe looked like the best option.

I would really like to encourage all Buildroot contributors and
developers to join the meeting and the Embedded Linux Conference
Europe. I can guarantee that such 5 days of intense interaction with
other embedded Linux developers is very valuable, and if you plan
sufficiently ahead of time, you can probably convince your management
to send you there! Do not hesitate to contact me privately if you need
more details about this event or ELCE to convince your management :-)

Also, we are looking for companies willing to sponsor the Buildroot
Developers Meeting. The budget is in the 250-500 EUR range, so it's
fairly cheap for most companies, but allows us to cover the cost of the
meeting room, and optionally the Saturday dinner for the participants.

Some links:

 * Buildroot Developers Meeting,
   http://elinux.org/Buildroot:DeveloperDaysELCE2014

 * Embedded Linux Conference Europe