[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Build results for 2014-02-07

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Feb 10 08:31:58 UTC 2014

Dear Yann E. MORIN,

On Sat, 8 Feb 2014 13:49:07 +0100, Yann E. MORIN wrote:

> On 2014-02-08 08:30 +0100, Thomas Petazzoni spake thusly:
> > Build statistics for 2014-02-07
> >        arm |          dvb-apps-be76da69f250 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/310e355f2f601801e4500b9d3e714d3883e7aa32/
> >        arm |          dvb-apps-be76da69f250 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/90e1a2e3e428e6c3fe5b51668ab92c139f176260/
>
> Too old toolchain:
>   - SYS_TURBO was introduced in linux 3.2
>   - SYS_DVBC_ANNEX_A in linux 3.2
>   - SYS_DVBC_ANNEX_C and DTV_ENUM_DELSYS in linux 3.3

The too old toolchain in question is Linaro 2013.11, i.e a fairly
recent Linaro toolchain. I believe kernel 3.2/3.3 are not that old for
embedded products, and we should support toolchains that have such old
kernel headers.

> >    powerpc |                w_scan-20130331 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/549564293607c959fa09e12510bb2aaa79f4f479/
>
> Too old toolchain, as usual.

This one I agree is old. The question is: how do I exclude this package
from being built. Should we introduce hidden Config.in bools for kernel
header versions, so that the packages that need at least the kernel
headers from kernel X.Y are not visible if you have a too old
toolchain? Those bools would be set by linux-headers/Config.in for the
internal backend, automatically set for the well-known external
toolchains, and a custom choice for special external toolchains.

Thoughts?

Best regards,

Thomas
--