[Buildroot] [RFC, PATCH 5/8] package/kexec-lite: Add a package for the kexec-lite tools

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri Feb 28 07:37:44 UTC 2014

Dear Jeremy Kerr,

On Fri, 28 Feb 2014 15:11:24 +0800, Jeremy Kerr wrote:

> OK, I'm slightly incorrect here - kexec-lite requires the dtc libraries
> at build-time (we need to manipulate the device tree to update the
> reserved memory map), and may also call dtc at runtime too.
>
> So, I'd propose a:
>
> 	select BR2_PACKAGE_DTC
> 	# run-time dependency only
> 	select BR2_PACKAGE_DTC_PROGRAMS
>
> - is that sensible?

In theory, yes. In practice, since you need BR2_PACKAGE_DTC at build
time, it means that you will have "dtc" in the <pkg>_DEPENDENCIES
variable of your package, which means that the dtc package (both the
library and programs) will be built before your package. So practically
speaking, BR2_PACKAGE_DTC_PROGRAMS will not really be treated as a
run-time dependency only, because it's not provided by a separate
package than dtc.

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons