[Buildroot] Why is sysroot under i686-buildroot-linux-gnu?

Bryce Schober bryce.schober at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 23:54:09 UTC 2014

I'm using a custom external toolchain built by crosstool-ng that's a
fairly ordinary configuration, other than using an old gcc-4.3 and
glibc-2.9, ending up with a i686-unknown-linux-gnu toolchain.

Why does buildroot end up installing the toolchain sysroot under
output/host/usr/i686-buildroot-linux-gnu instead of under
output/host/usr/i686-unknown-linux-gnu?

This is causing some problems in some of my external makefiles I have
that expect the sysroot dir to match the toolchain tuple...

Bryce Schober