[Buildroot] command line regular expression substitution fails

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Wed Jan 29 06:49:11 UTC 2014

On 28/01/14 22:10, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Dear Ed Sutter,
>
> On Thu, 09 Jan 2014 15:11:51 -0500, Ed Sutter wrote:
>
>> Thanks, the strange thing in my case is the iMX6 is cortex-A9, but I had
>> to step back to
>> cortex-A8 in menuconfig for this to work.
>> I did notice that when I use A9 vs A8, the floating point settings
>> automatically change
>> in menuconfig.  I *thought* A8 & A9 were the same from that standpoint,
>> but not really
>> sure.  Anyway, I plan to spend at least the next few days looking into
>> this, so hopefully I'll
>> have more information soon.
>
> No, A8 and A9 are not the same from a floating point perspective.
>
> As visible in
> http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/tree/arch/Config.in.arm#n91, NEON
> and VFPv3 is mandatory on Cortex-A8, but optional on Cortex-A9.

  Yeah, but in that sense, Cortex-A9 is a subset or Cortex-A8 so if the
A8 code works, the A9 code should work as well - which is exactly the
reverse of what Ed saw.

  Also, I know several people have used buildroot on an mx6 with the A9
option, and it did seem to work for them.

  Perhaps it's a problem with the Sourcery 2013.05 toolchain? Any chance
of trying a different one?

  Regards,
  Arnout